still-thinking-one said: Can you explain how California is a Commie or Nanny state?
- California leads the U.S. states with $778 billion in state debt, mostly as a result of the state’s $584 billion unfunded public pension liability.
- California citizens regularly vote to expand government beneficiary programs.
- A Californian city council called one Vietnamese business owner’s factory a “public nuisance” and sought to shut him down.
- Dianne Feinstein
- L.A.’s Terrible Streets Are Because of Bad Management, Not Lack of Money
A Southern California couple who scaled back watering due to drought received a letter from the city of Glendora warning that they could face fines if they don’t get their brown lawn green again.
- the LAPD
- California Assembly Bill 2201 — Almost every male between 18 and 26 years old who applies for a driver’s license or for a renewal at the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) would be automatically registered with the federal Selective Service System (SSS)
- CA state correctional facilities found guilty of illegal sterilizations of female inmates
- Police corruption
- More police corruption
- So many fucking taxes
- Drives business away
- Senator Yee, extreme anti-gun Democrat from California gets picked up on corruption charges and then a sworn affidavit comes out about his alleged involvement in gun trafficking
- Seriously unshakeable police corruption
- LAPD Cops Sabotaged Equipment Installed to Monitor Them
So for those keeping score at home, California is second worst in tax burden, second worst in economic freedom, fourth worst in personal freedom, worst in regulatory freedom, worst in civil liberties, worst in “nanny” laws, fifth worst in liability laws, second worst in occupational licensing, worst in labor and occupational freedom, third worst in property freedom, has the strictest gun control, and has by far the heaviest debt burden (more than double the second worst state). Oh, and cost of living is among the highest in the country, especially in L.A. and San Francisco.
This is why I don’t want to ever live there and would have to be forced to do so.
You could not pay me to live in California.